Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Can!

I saw this video at work today, and was really touched. I can't belive how hard a thing this man undertook for his son -- it makes me feel pretty small. I'm giving you fair warning... you may want to get up and get some tissue paper now.

Tom (my boss) was telling me that the son highlighted in the video told his father that he didn't feel pain when they were competing.

UPDATE: I bothered to do a little bit of investigation on this, and as it turns out the son Rick Hoyt, said he doesn't feel "handicapped" when they compete. Here's the full story of Dick and Rick Hoyt.

2 comments:

The Saunders Family said...

Amazing! What an incredible story.

Jeni said...

SCOTT- First I am totally Crying, Second ask my dad about when we were in Hawaii watching Dan(my bro) do the race.. we watched This man and his son do it too - They didn't finisht that time, but what we saw was AMAZING!!! Thanks for posting that!