Saturday, August 26, 2006

August 26, 2006

What a day. It started off like any other Saturday... Matt up at 7:15 AM, Hannah and Gracie not far behind. I had to go into work for a couple of hours to get a project done before Monday and so after watching some Saturday morning cartoons and having breakfast with the kids -- then I went off to work.

Erin had a Wal-Mart photo session scheuled for the kids at 12:00 which she went to alone -- hard (with a capital "H"). Gracie was quite uncooperative and they spent the first 20 minutes trying to get the kids to stop crying and look at the camera. When they finally calmed down and posed -- the camera broke, and wouldn't take any photos. Erin went home without getting a single photo.

About the time that Erin was battling the kid's, Steve Miller called and invited us out to ride in his carriage. He's been training two of his horses to drive a carriage, and he had them out for a 15 km ride. Erin's cell phone is broken, so I drove to Wal-Mart to find her and try to go out to Cochrane. I couldn't find her car in the parking lot, so I drove home and sure enough she was just pulling in. When I rolled down my window I met with a very frustrated mother. Nonetheless I convinced her to come along, and we all ended up having a really great time on a Saturday afternoon carriage ride.

1 comment:

Marilee said...

You guys always seem to have so many fun adventures. Looks like it was a beautiful day!!