Thursday, November 11, 2004

November 11, 2004

Rememberance day. Nothing profound to write today about Armistice. Today is a working day at Networc, so I was at work. I was glad to hear a tribute to war verterans on one of the radio stations.

Today is also "day one" of Erin's trip to San Francisco. I droped her off at the airport earlier this evening (we waited an impossibly long time at the ticket counter), and then I went to pick up the kids for my first real taste of what Erin does all day. Erin was sad to leave the kids, Gracie cried for a couple of minutes -- Matthew was oblivious. I'm feelling a little hollow myself.

This morning I decided to write an email to one of the blogers I like to read. He's a fairly widely read blogger who works as an "evangelist" for Microsoft. His name is Robert Scoble. I decided to try my luck and see if I could get him to send me some Microsoft developer promotional material for me and the guys at the office. His writting style depicts him as a very personable, approchable fellow, so I wasn't surprised when he replied to my message within only a few hours.

Here's the entirety of our dialog...

From: Scott Wolff
Sent: Thursday, November 11,
2004 6:46 AM
To: Robert Scoble
Subject: "Nine Guys" in Canada

Mr. Scoble, I’m looking for some “Channel 9” motivation for my
development team? How can nine of us here in Canada, each get a hold of a
“Channel 9 Guy”?

Regards,Scott Wolff




Where should I send them?

Robert

Sweet eh? Looks like I'll be getting some promo material from Redmond. Nice!



No comments: