Monday, April 03, 2006

SmartFTP, or "Good Stuff is Better than Bad Stuff"

I'm a big fan of good stuff. Erin says I'm obsessive in some cases. I went looking for an FTP client today to upload some work on a website I'm working on, and I ended up downloading two pieces of FTP software. The first looked promising (it was a FireFox browser extention), but when I put it through it's paces, it kept locking up. This forced me to go looking for something else.

What I found was perhaps some of the nicest free software I've ever seen. SmartFTP, a program I'd never heard of, is hands down the nicest FTP program I've ever used. I just had to tell someone. Oddly enough, Kevin is the only person who will have the first clue as to what I'm even talking about.

Anyway, that's really all I intended to post, but if you've read this far, and didn't understand what I'm talking about, then here's a little bit for you...

Good stuff (be it software, car repairs, reclining chairs, customer service) is far better than bad stuff. Getting good stuff just knocks the socks off getting bad stuff.

I've had bad experiences at the following establishments, experiences that has led me to never patronize these locations since the experience. I can proudly say I haven't eaten at Taco Bell in well over four years (though I came close onece or twice).
  1. The Brick (furniture and appliance store)
  2. Tirecraft (Crowfoot location)
  3. Taco Bell (specifically the Montgomery location, but they're all the same)
  4. Vonage -- don't even get me started.
  5. HP Parts Store (Canadian location). This is perhaps the single worst customer service incident I've ever experienced.
I've told those close to me (whose activities I can monitor closley) that if I ever hear that they have frequented one of these establishments, I will not speak to them for a week.

P.S. I just got a note from Kevin saying that since reading this post, he signed up for Vonage while sitting in the waiting area of Tirecraft, eating his Double Decker Taco Supreme and perusing a Brick catalog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, is it possible for an entire family to access a blogspot? In other words, if we have a family website, can people in other locations use the password and post an entry? I might try that, if you think it would work. Send me an email: judy.taylor@wellsfargo.com

Thanks.

Kage said...

Dude... did you forget to about Ricky's? You hated that place (specifically the Market Mall location - though.. I tried the Crowfoot one and was ticked off by the service).