Saturday, June 11, 2005

June 11, 2005

Erin and I returned from Toronto yesterday. We were away for two (an a bit) days. I had some meetings in TO, and for the first time, Erin accepted my offer to come along. Grandma Wolff stayed with the kids for most of the time, and Cathy helped out too.

It's ironic that it seems that what Erin and I want most is some time without the demands of children, yet when we get some time away -- we think about them for most of the time.

Toronto was hot -- 30 degrees Celcius, for the whole time we were there, and the humidity made it feel much worse. The heat was hard on Erin, but I loved it. It's been so cold and rainy in Calgary for the past 10 days; I enjoyed every minute of the Toronto heat.

We spent a good deal of our time (when I wasn't in meetings) walking around downtown, and shopping at Eaton's Center. We had fun riding the subway (from North York Center to Union Station and back). On Thursday we spent most of the day wandering.

I was excited to take Erin to the "Movenpick" restaraunt. The name has been changed to "Richtree", but other than the name change, it's still the same place. Erin had a steak and roasted veggies, I also had a steak with a baked potato. We shared a Napolean for desert. We didn't get to Honest Ed's restaraunt -- we just couldn't make it work. Next time I guess.

On Thursday morning we flaged a cab and drove to Thornhill. We went back to our old house on 51 Lilac Avenue. I took photos of the old neighbour hood, including our house, Micheal Goldberg's house, Craig Fullford's house etc... One day it would be really great to go back with Mom, Dad and Kevin.

Being away was nice -- this trip was the first time Erin and I have been away together without the kids. It was just the right amount of time.

No comments: