Monday, October 25, 2004

October 25, 2004

Had lunch with Richard Reukema, Mike & Tyler Gedlaman today. Just before lunch, Dad sent me an message with some photos of Matthew. He's actually quite pleasant, now that he's starting to come out of his screaming phase.

Judy Taylor and her mother (Cathy's sister) Joanne are in town for the next ten days. We all had dinner at the Melchin's last evening. I had been out home teaching, so I arrived a bit late. We had a rousing discussion about the upcoming U.S. election between George Bush and John Kerry. Most of the discussion was centered around the candidates position on the various issues. We had lots of talk on abortion, stem cell research, foreign policy relating to the war in Iraq. I quite enjoy having a couple of bona fide U.S. residents in town to debate the issues with. I have a tendancy to get pretty involved/passionate in these sorts of discussions - Judy whacked me once or twice.

On a somewhat related note, Ralph Klien called a provincial election today (set for November 22). Won't be much of a race, the Conservative party is pretty strong.

No comments: