Thursday, October 07, 2004

FarenHYPE 9/11

I'm glad somebody has finally put together a rebut of Micheal Moore's Farenheit 9/11 -- I just hope they do it right. (The very mention of Moore's name gets me worked up.) I watched the trailer, and unfortunately I wasn't overly impressed -- looks like they've got the same three people slamming Moore, and praising Bush... too bad.

I hope I'm wrong. Frankly, I think Farenheit 9/11 is an exceedingly manipulative film, targeted to the little-educated, mid-western undecided American voter. I think many viewers of the film will not have thought critically about Moore's tactics, and the formulation and subsequent presentation of his argument. If you ask me he's really only got one arrow in his quiver: shock value -- on which he relied too heavily, and I think it got him into trouble (ie: he tried to make out as if he was uncovering a smoking gun almost every ten minutes in the film, hoping that viewers would be stunned by the revelation, and wouldn't think about it for themselves). He took a lot of short cuts-- connected some dots that can't be connected. Cheap.

Farenheith 9/11 begs a rebut; someone should produce something that holds Moore accountable for his assertions.

I could go on.. but it's late. I'm off to bed.

No comments: