Monday, October 04, 2004

Baby "Chou Chou"

I was overcome today by a doll.

Over the lunch hour I found myself at Toys R Us staring a "Baby Chou Chou" right in the price tag. I succumed and bought it for Gracie (she's been desperate to play with Sommers Chou Chou doll for the last few weeks).

When I came home and gave her the doll, Gracie was ecstatic. I confess I was excited to bring it home to her too-- I knew she'd be surprised.

This evening before going to bed, on her own without any prompting from Erin, she came into my office and said "thank you for bringing me a baby Chou Chou", and gave me a hug and a kiss. I'm so pleased that she recognized that something nice was done for her, and I'm more pleased that she had the presence of mind (even as a three year-old) to give thanks.

No comments: