Sunday, May 11, 2008

Twitter

I've been experimenting with Twitter lately. Twitter is a free micro-blogging application for posting very short updates -- it has a posting limit of 140 characters. Basically you post one sentence updates (called "tweets" in Twitter lingo)... dumb name, I know.

Check out my Twitter page to get a better idea.

The Twitter page on it's own doesn't do it justice. The fun of Twitter is that you can "tweet" from your mobile phone, instant messenger client (like MSN or gTalk), or one of several third party Twitter software applications (I use Twhirl). Furthermore you can subscribe or "follow" other Twitter users and receive their "tweets" automatically. It's a fun way to stay connected in real time.

Try out Twitter by signing up at the Twitter signup page, then add me to your Twitter list (my username is rswolff). If you get the hang of it, you can download and install Twhirl to get automatic updates from those you're following.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Blah blah blah blah blah! I've heard of a tweater, and being twitter-pated. But a twitter? Come on, Scott. Give me something I can relate to!