Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 20, 2008

Kevin and I went out tonight to see the latest Narnia Movie "Prince Caspian". It was nice to be out together, we don't get out very frequently like that. The movie was enjoyable; it gave me cause to reminisce about reading the Narnia series to Grace a couple of years ago.

One of the parts of this particular installment of the Narnia series I remember from reading the books was when Trumpkin (the dwarf) killed the bear. I was telling Kev about it after the movie but couldn't remember the wording very well, so I came home and looked it up.

I'm posting it here, mostly for Kevin -- C.S. Lewis says it so much more eloquently than me.

After the bear is killed Lucy says to Susan,
"Wouldn't it be dreadful if some day, in our own world, at home, men started going wild inside, like the animals here, and still looked like men, so that you'd never know which were which?"

No comments: