Sunday, February 12, 2006

Isabella Wolff (1915-2006)


Grandma Wolff passed away early Saturday morning (about 3:00 AM).

She's been in and out of the hospital since moving into the seniors home, and this week when mom and dad went down it was a little bit different. I wasn't surprised when dad said she may not live too many more days. Just before Christmas, she was admited to the hospital, and I felt strongly that we should go down as a family and see her. We put the kids in the car and went to see her. She was so pleased to see us, especially to see little Hannah. I'm really glad we did that.

To be sure grandma Wolff comes from solid stock! She lived to be 91 years old (her sisters Mable and Rozella also lived into thier nineties). She's lived 9 years without grandpa, and as I type this, I feel such happiness for her to be reunited with grandpa. She was ready to pass on, she told dad as much and asked that he give her a blessing to release her.

Grandma Wolff (a likewise grandpa) was the consumate host. An excellent cook, and very welcoming to all who entered her home. I never hesitated to offer grandma's place to any of my family and friends who were looking for a place to stay while in Cardston. She was so accomodating.

In her late seventies, after being married for more than fifty years to Harvey (who didn't join the church until only a few years before he died), grandma decided it was time for her go to the temple -- even if it meant going without her husband. Not long after this, grandpa was baptized. After grandpa died, my father acted as proxy for my grandfather, and grandma and grandpa Wolff were sealed together in the Cardston temple.

Grandma lived alone for nine years -- she's not alone any longer.

No comments: