Sunday, February 12, 2006

Erin Turns 30


Erin turned 30 this week (Feb 8, 2006) and Lara helped me organize a surprise party for her. I started planing it about a week before and managed not to blow the surprise (although a couple of times I had to make a clever recovery).

Mid week, Erin decided she was going to oraganize her own party (just for family) at the same place and time as the surprise party. Despite my initial concern, it worked out well -- I didn't have to make up any reason to go over the the Friebergs, and Erin arranged for her own babysitter.

We had about 12 couples over and spent most of the evening sining karaoke. Erin was really surprised. People had a fun time -- everybody sang except Jeff Shipley and Sean (who were both legitimately sick and could barely talk).

I managed to get some Crave cupcakes, which were in fact very good (even after Dave Maller tried to convince me that they were just cupcakes). Lara went to Costco and got a bunch of appetizers. All in all, the party was a success. Happy birthday Erin. I love you.

No comments: