Monday, January 10, 2005

January 12, 2005

We had dinner with mom and dad today. I was well over 45 minutes late due to an accident on Country Hills Blvd. and Beddington Dr. I spent almost two hours in the car making a trip that on a good day would have taken me only 25 minutes. Very frustrating. I did have a box of Krispy Kreme's to keep me company though.

Erin and I sat down with dad this evening to update our insurance.

We had stake priesthood meeting last night. The stake presidency did very well -- Rick, as usual, gave a very good talk. President Seidel spoke about following the prophet; I missed a good part of President Heningers talk because I was doing the count. President Melchin spoke about the upcoming 2005 Alberta Centennial, and how we should celebrate the year by inviting those around us to find out more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Of note was a double quartet of young men who performed twice. They were spectacular. I don't know all of the young men who participated, but I saw Pat Gilchrest & Daniel Murdock and three of the Matthews boys. To be honest, they were excellent.

I still don't have things quite worked out with work with respect to the new ownership. I'm hopefull to have everything resolve this week -- that's what I've been saying for the past three weeks though -- maybe this week. I'm going to Toronto this week for a couple of days to meet some of the exsisting IT staff, and hopefull come to some consensus regarding the future direction of IT for the organization.

No comments: