Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February 13, 2008

I've started reading the Chronicals of Narnia to the kids again. Matt listens in this time, (last time only Grace listened). That said, Matt is normally asleep by the end of the first paragraph, Grace can make it almost to the end of a chapter.

I love the Narnia books. C.S. Lewis is easily one of my favorite authors. His writing is so clear and simple, he makes complex subjects very plain.

We're about half way through the first book, "The Magician's Nephew". Tonight I read the chapter on the creation of Narnia by Aslan the lion. Lewis is so insightful and articulate.

The kids like me to read to them, but the truth is, I'm reading mostly for me -- I enjoy the books far more than the kids do.

2 comments:

Proud Momma said...

You are a good Dad Scott...or is it Erin reading...I'm sure it's Scott...

Scott Wolff said...

You're right -- it's Scott. Though Erin has read well over 20 books in the past few months, she hasn't read the Chronicals of Narnia yet.