Monday, September 04, 2006

Tuscany Ward Corn Bust and Chili Cook-off

We had a nice time at the 1st Annual Tuscany Ward Corn Bust and Chili Cook-off today. It was an excellent day, and a very well attended event. There were lots of games for the kids, and of course who doesn't love corn on the cobb.



There was also a chili "cook-off" -- I'd guess about 20 people prepared entries, including Erin and I (that is, my contribution was to sign us up, Erin's contribution was to make the chili).



Richard Young performed a magic show, which was very well recieved by all the kids. My hat goes off to anyone who can hold the attention of 75 kids aged 2-18 for 40 minutes. The guy is simply amazing.



After the party, we came home and decided to meet the my folks and Erin's folks for some Dairy Queen. Matt brought his "purse" full of change and bougth pony rides on the mechanical pony for all the kids.

Big day tomorrow -- Gracie's first day of grade 1.

2 comments:

Melinda Palmer said...

Awesome pics! Whenever you're done with that camera I know what you can do with it!!!!!

Marilee said...

Great pics! Your ward has TONS of kids! I can't believe Richard is still doing Magic Shows. I remember going to birthday parties when I was in Primary where he performed! He and Allison would also babysit us and bring his bird! (sorry Rich! I don't mean to age you...you were a VERY young magician back then and now you are still a "young" Magician :-)