Friday, July 14, 2006

July 14, 2006

It's the Calgary Stampede this week. I haven't had as much desire to go to the grounds this year, as I have in years past. Not sure why. Last couple of years Erin and I have gone down to "kids day", and seen one of the kids shows, and the superdogs. But this year nothing.

The clear highlight of the stampede was going to see Wide Mouth Mason (one of my favorite bands). They're not at all a country band, so they were definately out of place performing during Stampede -- perhaps thats why there were less than 50 people actively participating in the concert. Kevin and I watched the whole concert from less than ten feet away from the band, and several times the lead singer caught me singing his songs at the top of my lungs like a lame teenage groupie.

The best part was meeting the band after the show. There were so few people, that we just walked around the side of the stage, and greeted them. I really regret not bringing my camera. The concert was excellent, despite the poor turnout -- they played thier hearts out.

In my next life, I'm coming back as a rock star.

No comments: