Tuesday, June 20, 2006

June 18, 2006 (Father's Day)

On Sunday, while over at mom and dad's place for dinner, we had one of those freak summer rainstorms where the sky is blue, the sun is out, and it's raining cats and dogs. We couldn't resist going out and playing in the rain. Here's some photos (click to enlarge).


The kids were quick to get wet, but Kevin lead the way for the adults. He eventually laid right down in the gutter, and bathed in the rain water. My dad has some photos of that.

It's quite remarkable to experience a rainstorm like this. The sun was out -- the sky was blue, there was a warm wind blowing. We had a similar storm right when I got home from my mission.



This photo doesn't really do justice to just how much it was raining. Trust me -- it was alot.

3 comments:

Judy Taylor said...

Did you think to sing any particular song while you were out splashing around in the rain? This is a test, Scott. Will you pass?

Melinda Palmer said...

I would have loved to be there. That's just about my favorite thing in the world. Running around in the warm rain. Some might say, I just feel like "Singing in the Rain"

Christensen said...

I'm jealous. It's been dry here and I would so love to have a great rainstorm. Sent it our way.