Friday, September 09, 2005

September 8th, 2005

I got a phone call from Erin today at lunch saying that my old Toronto elementary school buddy, Ben Gaum, was in town. I called Ben on his cell phone (he happed to be at Northland Mall, just 15 minutes from our house) and invited him over for dinner.

Ben is completing his graduate school to become an architect, and he's currently in a work term that takes him all over North America.

Ben showed up at about 5:30, ate dinner, played in the park with the kids, and spent about an hour and a half catching up. He then got in his rented truck, and drove up to Edmonton . What a fun night.

After Ben left, Gracie and I got in the car and delivered flyers for the food bank. The six Calgary stakes are sponsoring a city-wide food drive for the Inter-Faith food bank. Gracie rode her bike from house to house while I delivered the flyers. After about 30 minutes, she got smart to the idea that she could also deliver the flyers. So, she would walk up to the door of every-other house and hang the donation bag/flyer on the handle of the front door. She'd jump back on her bike and catch up with me. It was so much fun.

No comments: