Saturday, May 07, 2005

May 7, 2005

Spent part of the day at work today -- not doing my regular IT duties, rather I helping with the renovations to the NE Columbia Centre. I learned how to to inside wall framing with metal studs (not that it was really hard). I'll feel pretty comfortable doing my basement, when the time comes.

I framed out the new server room, my new office/the IT area, and Dave's office. I find this kind of work very relaxing... it's nice to do manual labor, good for the mind.

Came home at 4:00 PM, and took Erin and the kids to Market Mall. Gracie was hoping to buy a mother's day gift for Erin (actually three gifts: a necklace, a ring, and a dress) -- but we couldn't find any jewelry that we thought she'd like, nor did we thing that we should buy her a dress, given that she's pregnant.

After a couple hours shopping (interrupted by a 20 minute stint in the play area), we abandoned our original gift ideas, and decided to get some new tablesettings. Erin couldn't decide what she wanted, so we left the mall empty handed. Honestly the best give I think I can give her, is just being out with her and the kids for an afternoon.

We went out with Sean and Libby Haslam last night. We had dinner at the Outback, then went to the new movie, "Kindom of Heaven". The dinner was great, the movie was decent. We always have fun going out with the Haslams.

No comments: