Tuesday, August 15, 2006

August 15, 2005

I golfed in a corporate golf tournament yesterday -- though I went in feeling like I didn't want to be there, I ended up having fun. I'm starting to make more consistent contact with the ball, and that makes the game a whole lot more fun. The biggest difference has been that I've started to use the Taylor Made driver Networc gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. It treats me very well (VERY WELL). Somehow I'm able to drive long and straight with that thing, and that makes it a whole new game.



The tournament organizers invited the 2006 World Long Drive Champion (Gerry James) to sit at one of the holes and tee-off for us. When my foursome arrived at the hole, Gerry gave a nice long 400 yard drive, and put us just a hundred yards from the pin -- right down the middle of the fairway. When it was my turn, I pulled out the Taylor Made, and knocked a respectable 300 yard drive, also down the middle of the fairway. After my stroke, Gerry Says "Scott, you're the man". How sweet is that!

I could like this golf stuff -- if it didn't take 4-5 hours out of my day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as I'm concerned, Scott, you've always been The Man. I'm glad Gerry has finally begun to see things as I do.

Judy Taylor said...

What is the name of your club? Taylor Made? Ahhh, no wonder!!!